Is A/C cold at idle/around town in 2015-2017’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like your compressor was worn on your old Expedition. Mine was the same way. Replaced the compressor and it cools at idle now.

Johnathan M

Reaction score
If system was low on refrigerant the evaporator would freeze up with extended driving
Based on my experience, that's not the case. I refill/recharge my own A/C systems, and when they are low, they just don't cool properly, or they don't cool at all. If the refrigerant is low enough, the compressor won't even kick on, so there's no way the system could freeze up. If the system is freezing up, I would guess (I'm not an expert on it, so take it for what it's worth) that there's a temperature sensor not working properly, and so the system doesn't shut off soon enough to avoid things freezing up. I had a window A/C unit that had that problem. The temperature sensor was bad, so the unit didn't know when to shut the compressor down. As a result, it would just run and run and eventually freeze over and not allow air to blow through.