07 XLT coil packs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle_

Reaction score
So my expy recently threw a code for a misfire on cylinder 8. Checked it out on Friday and what I found was the bolts on 5/8 of the coil packs were backed out at least 3/4 of the way (cylinder 8s pack was completely loose) Tightened them up and made a 2.5 hr drive to New Orleans at an almost constant speed of 80-85mph no more misfires. Did anyone else have this problem of the bolts backing out and what do you all recommend to keep ‘‘em from backing out?

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
So my expy recently threw a code for a misfire on cylinder 8. Checked it out on Friday and what I found was the bolts on 5/8 of the coil packs were backed out at least 3/4 of the way (cylinder 8s pack was completely loose) Tightened them up and made a 2.5 hr drive to New Orleans at an almost constant speed of 80-85mph no more misfires. Did anyone else have this problem of the bolts backing out and what do you all recommend to keep ‘‘em from backing out?
A very very small drop of blue locktite. A single drop literally