09 expedition electrical gremlin HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simsy

Reaction score
09 expedition EL xlt 193k miles

Since I bought this a few weeks ago I can’t figure the problem out.. when switching to 4x4 the dash and all electrical go crazy flashing , traction control light came on, abs , and brake light along with the wrench icon also went into limp mode (3rd gear only). I checked for codes while running and nothing came up other than a pending code of U0073 but I think that’s caused by the electrical surging. If I switch back to 2wd and turn the engine off and restart it will drive okay as long as I do not switch to 4x4

Please help thank you!!

OP
OP
S

Simsy

Reaction score
Today I noticed the problem only occurs once I touch the gas pedal after switching to 4x4

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting the battery and completely drain the capacitors. Hopefully someone with more knowledge with chime in. May have more info on f150 site for this issue.

OP
OP
S

Simsy

Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting the battery and completely drain the capacitors. Hopefully someone with more knowledge with chime in. May have more info on f150 site for this issue.
i disconnected battery overnight and no change

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

Simsy

Reaction score