100 Octane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pulled up to the pump yesterday and happened to land at one that had a separate nozzle for 100 octane “race fuel”. It was $9.99 a gallon. No, that’s not a typo, 10 bucks a gallon.

I was at 3/4 full (I always try to keep a full tank, especially these days…) so I put in a quarter tank. Yes, it was expensive.

Obviously this didn’t make my entire tank 100 octane. I run 91 octane religiously, so it probably ended up being 94ish?

The 3.5 EB must love this stuff, because 2nd gear pulls definitely picked up some pep and an even smoother idle at cold start.

Cali doesn’t sell 93 octane unfortunately, only 91. But man, this is nice.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
@G213 yeah computer probably self adjusted timing and knock for the higher octane. I run e50 in mine and chirp tires 1-3. Pulls like a damn monster. 2021 expedition and 2020 f150 both 3.5s

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can monitor the octane adjustment with a Bluetooth ELM adapter and the torque app. Wish I had the fuel system for E85. The Walmart down the street has it. MPG is terrible with it though.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mileage is worse on e85 than 93 but typically, at least around here the cost differential offsets it, often times being even less costly per mile. I used to have a regal tuned to rub only on e85 and despite 12mpg city it still was less than premium and had a big performance advantage. I could run obscene timing in that thing, 20-21

The gas you put in was unleaded, right? There is a station here by my house which is located down the road from the drag strip that has leaded race fuel available, have to be careful with some of those pumps. VP100 AND Sunoco SS 100 and 260 GT are the more common unleaded options.

OP
OP
G213

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mileage is worse on e85 than 93 but typically, at least around here the cost differential offsets it, often times being even less costly per mile. I used to have a regal tuned to rub only on e85 and despite 12mpg city it still was less than premium and had a big performance advantage. I could run obscene timing in that thing, 20-21

The gas you put in was unleaded, right? There is a station here by my house which is located down the road from the drag strip that has leaded race fuel available, have to be careful with some of those pumps. VP100 AND Sunoco SS 100 and 260 GT are the more common unleaded options.

Unleaded, correct. It was the Sunoco 100, sold at a Sinclair station. (We don’t have Sunoco stations here, so they sometimes resell via Sinclair or Chevron in separate tanks). Good catch though.