110v outlet and rear heated seats linked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Himzka

Reaction score
Hey all, forgive me if this has been posted before but I haven't found any info on this.

Since I got my used 2012 EL Limited the second row heated seats buttons light up and stay lit but the seats don't get hot, and the 110v outlet doesn't seem to work. Are these components on the back of that center console linked by any chance?

I'm mainly wondering if one thing would cause a problem to both of those issues (since it's so close) or if those are separate issues. I thought about finding and changing the fuse for the heated seats but I don't think the buttons would stay lit up if it was a fuse. Also, I know the fuse wouldn't power a 110v outlet.

Any advice on this is appreciated!

Thanks

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Side note, anyone know the rated wattage for that outlet? Laptops and chargers only, or heavier duty stuff OK? And how heavy duty, small vacuum cleaner? Or OK to run stuff like electric tea kettles and power tools?

OP
OP
H

Himzka

Reaction score
I believe it's rated at 150W which would not be ok to use with things that have motors like tools and vacuums.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pity... so nothing bigger than a handvac, and no boiling water for camping out unless you find something tiny and weaaaaaaak (good kettles are ~1500w)

Even a plug-in jigsaw pulls 500w

Wonder if OP's doesn't work on account of someone blowing a fuse with an overly powerful device?

Clemson82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On our 2014, the manual says rear heated seats are fuse no. 18 in the "passenger compartment fuse panel", and the 110v a/c power point is fuse #33 in the "power distribution box". Not sure if it's the same in the 2012, but it doesn't look like they share a fuse.