'18 MAX XLT, First-Time Ford Owner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damon

Reaction score
Hey, All.

Just picked up an '18 XLT MAX. The only options are the White Diamond Tricoat and the outdoor-type floormats. I *really* wanted the 202A package; that would've given me most of the luxury features that were on the 15-year-old Lexus LS430 I traded in: heated and cooled seats, memory settings for the driver, touch-screen.

Alas! I made the mistake of letting the dealer know I really liked it during the test-drive and let myself get snookered. That said, I really like the truck. This is the first turbo-engined car I've owned; I was swayed by how much stronger it feels than the 5.3 V8 in the Suburban LS that I also test drove and by the ergonomics (that offset-steering wheel in the Suburban freaked me out, Man).

But having the 200A package means that I likely won't see many of the electronics-related issues I've seen reported here, so that's good. Anyway, I'm off to go joyriding in my brand new vehicle-this-size-has-no-business-accellerating-this-quickly-mobile!

3Fords1Vette

Reaction score
Welcome! It is not uncommon to have a little buyers remorse. Best bet is to figure out a way to get passed it and just enjoy your new ride! It will Work out! Things always do!!

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome. Pretty new myself.

Be aware of rust areas, and perform rust preventive maintenance. Very disappointed in Ford's rust corrosion protection. My '04 Expedition, and wife's '06 Mustang GT required rust correction. On the Corvette Forum, the Mustang is referred to as the Rustang. I didn't pay much attention until I owned a Mustang.

I'm sure you will find knowledgeable members that will assist you when problems arise. This is a great forum. You will find stamp11127 (moderator) very helpful.

Last edited: