1998 Expedition Eddie Bower Edition middle row right small seat won’t fold flat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danmartin

Reaction score
As the title says, the small middle row right seat will not fold all the way, I can move the back rest forward and detach the back of the seat from the floor but I’m unable to fold the seat all the way down to make a flat surface for loading cargo all the way towards the driver/passenger seats, has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

jr1under

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There should be levers on the outside of seat marked 1, 2 and A. Lever A is the frontmost of the three. With the seat in its normal passenger position, lift up on A and pull forward on the headrest. The seat will start folding and then sliding forward and down. Flip the panel on the back of the seat and it's all flatspace.

Bruce Mitchell

Reaction score
You have to monkey around with the little levers on the seat. Swearing a lot helps, too. You'll get it to fold flat(-ish) after a bit. And then you'll forget how you did it. (Happens to me every year.):cool: