2000 brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok guys i have to change the brakes out on the front of the expediton. it is a 2000 4 wheel drive does anybody know if those rotors are a press on or if they are a slip on rotor i know all aftermarket are a slip on but i know some from the factory are press on

is there anything eles i should look at when i change out the rotors and the pads on the front of the expedition

DavidExped01

Reaction score
I just bought "slip on" rotors and ceramic pads for my 01 Exped. The old ones take alot of torque to get off...I sprayed WD40 on the rotor bolts before removing with a 1/2 socket. The calipers are a little tricky at first...need to remove sliding bolt to take apart. Don't forget to flush the brake fluid or have a shop do it for you...it can be messy.

Have fun!

OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well guys i went to get the pads and rotors and they asked me 12 mm or 14 mm refering to the lug nut size so when you have to do this job take a lug nut with you

looks like it will be a easy job just hope the rotors come off easy and the rest is cake work and you dont have to flush the brake fluid if you are just changing pads and rotors it is when you open the system up and air gets in that you have to flush the brake fluid

DavidExped01

Reaction score
I always flush the brake fluid when I change pads...it's cheap insurance for a long lasting brake system.

OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you ever plan on doing your own brakes and not take it to a shop plan on spending 2-3 hours if is has the same setup as the 2000 expedition i mean getting the rotors off you have to beat them off because they will be seized on i mean it took me and my wife 1 in a half hour of beating on them to get them off but after that it took 45 min to get everything eles done and ready to roll

and yes it is good practice to change you fluid but it is very time consuming and very messy