2000 Expedition Start Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tubby

Reaction score
Hello. New to the forums. Glad to be here. I'm having an issue with my 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD 5.4L. It's only got about 40K miles on it. Kept well. Lately it's had a hard time starting. Battery is good and the motor cranks but she doesn't fire up. This has only happened about 3-4 times in the last month but just started a month ago. It has only happened when she's been sitting a couple hours after running and being shut down. After she starts she runs perfectly and no other abnormalities. After failing to start I've waited about 30min then it started right up. No gas smell during the no start. Those are the clues. Any ideas before I haul it into the dealer?

Thanks,

T

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wish you knew what your problem was so i can go look at mine and see if it is the same problem mine wont start right now either. i took my boy to the babysitter and come home for a min and was going to go back out and now it wont start . question for you when yours acts up does everything eles work but it wont start because thats what mine is doing

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i found out what my problem was today i mean i replace the battery and all that and still had the problem and then i remeber the stang having the same problem and i tested the part that was wrong on the stang and it was the same problem on the expedition

the problem on my truck was the starting soilnoid was shot had to be replace and then it started right up after i fixed it

so next time your acts up turn the key on but dont try to start it and go out under the hood and jump the soilnoid and if it starts that is more then likely your problem and if you have any other questions just ask

the part only cost 10 bucks at advance auto and only took 20 min to put on and a 8 mm socket and a 9?16 for the old one and 1?2 inch for the new one and your done but make sure you unhook your battery

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett