crank no start (-------) on the odometer and pats code 16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chubbzilla

Reaction score
i was sitting in park with the car running a couple weeks ago and my 2000 expedition just shut off i went to crank it up and crank no start and noticed dashes on the odometer and my theft light blinking really fast and i noticed after awhile in would blink once pause and blink 6 more times i change the pcm relay and the pcm diode ive checked all the fuses i dont know much about cars at all but ive also check the negative battery cable i dont know what else to do was wondering if someone could help or if this has happen to them

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know if this video will help, but it sounds like the same problem you are having.

Or another possible fix

OP
OP
C

chubbzilla

Reaction score
thanks ill give the first video a try i just wish there was a video for the pats flash code 1-6

JerryT

Reaction score
i was sitting in park with the car running a couple weeks ago and my 2000 expedition just shut off i went to crank it up and crank no start and noticed dashes on the odometer and my theft light blinking really fast and i noticed after awhile in would blink once pause and blink 6 more times i change the pcm relay and the pcm diode ive checked all the fuses i dont know much about cars at all but ive also check the negative battery cable i dont know what else to do was wondering if someone could help or if this has happen to them
Sounds like a bad battery or corroded battery cables. If you are measuring 11.9 volts or less then your battery needs to be replaced. A bad battery will throw all kinds of codes on Fords.

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad battery or corroded battery cables. If you are measuring 11.9 volts or less then your battery needs to be replaced. A bad battery will throw all kinds of codes on Fords.
I was just about to say the same. Also, bad ground will create all kinds of havoc.

OP
OP
C

chubbzilla

Reaction score
i checked the battery and its good also no corroded cables any other sugestions its about to be winter and i need it running due to the snow

13Shadows

Reaction score
When mine did that it turned out to be the pcm went out. I had to buy one from flagship1 programmed with my vin. When I installed it the dashes were finally gone and it started.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire