2001 expedition can not get heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beerandwomen

Reaction score
I have a 5.4L expedition. I have replaced the water pump, thermostat, flushed the heater cores, and verified that the blend door is working correct. I still can not get heat out of the front or back of this car and have searched everywhere for help.

B

bedrck46

check the heater hoses to see if they are hot you should not be able to hold your hand on the hoses also make sure your eng is up to operating temp do the blower fans come on? is the t/stat installed correctly??

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

beerandwomen

Reaction score
Yes, the hoses get warm. I flushed out the cores. water runs fine through them. Yes, i double checked on the thermostat. The car warms up and the temp gauge shows it. The hoses are not hot, just warm. Unless i squeeze them like I am priming a pump. Then they get really hot. Could it be something clogging after the radiator? It gets warm also, but not hot. And the blower comes on. It is not an electric one, but you can hear it when the clutch kicks in and out.

B

bedrck46

is your coolant level where it should be? any idea what your operating temp is? what temp t/stat did you install one last thing to try is take some cardboard and try to block off about 2/3 of the radiator and watch you engine temp. See if it climbs and the heat improves.

OP
OP
B

beerandwomen

Reaction score
The level is high. not sure what the temp is. I will borrow my neighbors scanner, it should tell me right? I will try the cardboard thing, but I bought one of those covers that block the grill area and it doesn't help. The thermostat is the highest priced one at autozone for the vehicle. What temp should it be running at? Thanks