2001 Expedition CD Changer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fortugpp

Reaction score
I have a '01 Expedition with the CD controls on the stereo - I purchase a cd changer on E-Bay and had to order the cable from the changer to the stereo. Is this installation easy to perform? Do I have to remove the stereo from the dash to plug in the cable? and remove the console to run the cable from the changer to the stereo? Thanks so much for your help.

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
you should use a special tool to remove the stereo, but i know there are ways to do it without the tool. the console is easy---there is a screw by the lid's latch, and 2 under the rubber mat in the console. remove them, and the whole top pops off. there is a plastic door located near the front of the CD player to pass the wires through. be careful when pulling it open---i broke mine off.

cserapio

Reaction score
Stereo Lock Code

I am installing a Sony CD Charger with RF Modulator. it needs to be attached directly to the antena connector of the stereo. Will the removal of the stock stereo caused it to lock out? I am worried because I dont have the lock code, if it has. another concern is whether the stock stereo has a standard antena connector.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett