2002 4wd Front end lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramtour2

Reaction score
I replaced my 1998 Expy with a 2002 that is also 4wd but dosent have the air suspension that the 1998 had. For some reason the 2002 looks to be higher in the front than the back. I would like to lower the front end about 1". Doe anyone know if adjusting the two torsion bar bolts will accomplish this or if I have to purchase an aftermarket lowering kit. I dont want to spend the extra money and go to thru the hassle of doing a full blown kit. If the current torsion bar can be adjusted will I need to have the front end aligned and how do you adjust the bolts?

Thanks!!!

EXMAN

Reaction score
Sorry, just my 2 cents. I've heard of cranking you torsion bars up to get a lift, but, not to lower it. I would say it should work.

3 NAILS 1 CROSS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
go big or go home!
theres my 2 cents. just incase you need a couple more
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-----------------------------------------------------

BigDawg

Reaction score
It will work, the amount it will drops depends on how far it was cranked up, but the most you should get is an inch, max, just remeber to get an alignment.