2002 Transfer Case Lever Positioning Sensors - What Do They Do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snoopy2u

Reaction score
Recently had the tc shift motor replaced. After the installation, mechanic says he could not find 12v at the motor. Fuse 104 is good. I can hear the relays under my dash clicking when i turn the key "on". Was checking the wiring to the new motor to make sure the mechanic did not make an error in the re- wiring of the motor's plug. Noticed two sets of three wires coming from the TC end. The lower harness appears to be a " transfer case lever positioning sensor". And, it appears the other three wire harness is also a sensor.

Can anyone tell me what they do. How can I check them for proper operation? Could these sensors be "blocking" or interrupting the 12v to the shift motor??

Where can I find the GEM?? Is the GEM a module that would be suspect. Do they go out frequently??? Can I change out a GEM module?? without any re- programming???