2003 Driver's Seat Motor Wonkiness (also power mirrors) - Able to manually adjust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

synapse888

Reaction score
New to me 2003 Expy drivers power seat generally doesnt work. Switch wouldn't work in any direction when I got the car yesterday. Owner said it might be a fuse. Old 30 amp F.1.109 fuse tested good, but replaced anyway (fuse diagram) . Then the switch/motor does work and I set seat in the proper place. Next time I got in the car the motor didn't work again, AND the seat seemed to have moved forward to like maybe it's default spot? Then I put a 40amp in because thats all i had and it worked for a bit again, and not does not. The fuses aren't blowing...the motor just stops working.

ALSO whenever the drivers seat stops working the ability to use adjust the rear view mirrors also stops working. Same circuit.

Lastly is there some way to manually adjust the seat position. Basically I just need to be able to get it set in the right position for me, then it doesn't matter if adjustment doesn't work...as long as the thing stays where I put it.

Thank you for any ideas!

OP
OP
S

synapse888

Reaction score
Thank you Gainmob! I am going to post an intro thread (but this one issue is really ******* me off)

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you saying when you unlock the Expy with the key FOB you notice the seat moving from where you previously set it ? It and the mirror are probably still programmed to the previous owner's settings. You need to go through the memory settings again and set 'em for yourself.
Procedure is in your owners manual or you can find it online.

Setting Up Your Ford Memory Seats

Once you’ve got your seat, mirrors, telescopic steering column, and power pedals in the proper place, turn the key to put the ignition in the “On” position. Once you’ve got the power on, you’ll notice three buttons on the side panel of the driver’s side door. Press and hold the number 1 button for about five seconds until you hear a single chime. After the chime sounds, let go of the button and your seat settings have been saved! To test it out, simply move something a hair and press the button to watch it go back to your set position.

BlackCoffee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you fix you seat problem? If it is intermittent then stops, check the connectors to the seat module at the back of the seat. If they have been removed a couple of times, they may get loose. There are two, the one near the tunnel has the power and as the seat moves back and forth it can pull out.