2003 EB Expedition help with overhead DVD player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kryo-Genik

Reaction score
Ok I swapped head units and the DVD is dead. I have a metra dvd retention harness coming in which looks to allow the dvd to turn on and play with the new head unit and does audio out via two RCA Jack's (all in the dash with the new wiring harness). Now i need to a few things.
Once this retention harness is in will the headphone Jack's on the back of my center console work? If they do NOT work how can I get them to work? What wires do I need to tap into to make them work? Included is a pic of my dvd player plug in the roof and the labels on the dvd itself. If you need any more pictures please let me know I just want to get my headphone Jack's and dvd back up and running for my 6 year old daughter.

If need be I can tap into the RCA plugs on the metra kit and then tap them I to the wires for the headphone plugs in the console....but I need to know how to take apart the console to get to them and which wires go to which channel for the jack.....this I see as an absolute last resort.

Mike

20190111_153236.jpg

20190111_153228.jpg

20190111_153204.jpg

adkinsc20

Reaction score
I had asked a similar question a few years back. My problem tho was that the dvd in the overhead unit wouldn't eject but the Kenwood head unit i installed in the dash had dvd. I ended up running my own wires from the Kenwood and just hooked the rca's into the aux input on the overhead unit. My overhead unit has wireless ir headphones so i never messed with anything else cause I never could find a wiring diagram for the overhead unit and I'm pretty good at finding things. I did find a pinout of the factory head unit somewhere and that helped with figuring out what was what for that part. My headphone jacks are on the overhead unit, if yours are the same I would venture to say yes the metro harness should work.