2003 Eddie Bauer radio stays on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stilbo

Reaction score
Other than new shocks my 2016 Expy is still behaving nicely at 112,000 miles… my 2003 Eddie Bauer on the other hand has suddenly decided to kill itself by draining the battery every time it’s left alone for a day or two.
I guess that being twenty years old with 237,000 miles might contribute to its desire to commit suicide by dead battery?
I’ve been disconnecting the battery negative terminal every time it’s parked overnight but it’s been doing it’s Christine impersonation every time it’s parked overnight with the battery connected.
I can shut the radio off and turn it on when it’s running but as soon as the key is cycled off with the radio off the radio stays on until the battery is disconnected.
There have also been a few instances of the radio appearing to be off when the ignition is turned off but only to hear Pink Floyd coming out of the garage an hour or two later.
Are there any modules that control that function or should I just pull that fuse and forget about it?
Thanks.