2003 "Expi-Lockshop" Major wear on the inside rear tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolf

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a locksmith in Grand Junction, CO. I've converted the rear of my 2003 Expedition into a locksmith shop, and have recently found that the inner shoulder on all of my tires are extremely worn out, and it's highly pronounced in the rear.

I looked up the cargo capacity, and see it's at 1500lbs (roughly). below are a few pictures of what it's loaded down with. I don't think I'm over the 1500lbs... No matter what, I need to get the alignment issue fixed while the vehicle is loaded.

My Mechanic isn't seeing anything to increase the payload on the suspension, and I've searched the site for an hour today and couldn't find anything directly related to my application. I don't plan on adding much more weight, maybe another 300 lbs tops. For passengers, only myself and very rarely one other person will be in the vehicle. As you can see, two seats have been removed from the center row. The other seat will be removed once I get some bracing and a cage installed.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

View media item 6885View media item 6884View media item 6883View media item 6886

OP
OP
Wolf

Wolf

Reaction score
Went on the scales today, the truck weighs in at 6,720lb. If the curb weight is accurate I’m looking at a 1,100lb payload 100% of the time.

Custom springs are the answer here, $600 for a set. I’ll post pictures when they come in. Until then, we are going to try and align the tires while loaded and see if the caster will get us within spec.