2003 lifted eddie bauer mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmarlatt2004

Reaction score
hey. just thinking about lifting the 2003 expedition with the 5.4 and was wondering how bad the mileage suffers from the lift? I know they aren't great to begin with but wasn't sure if it made a big change with a lift.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lift alone generally doesn't effect fuel mileage. However I've heard that the added space under the vehicle creates slightly more wind resistance so there is a possibility of slightly lower mileage on the highway.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my mileage dropped when i put AT tires on. Not from the lift

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
need to have a programmer to change the ecu...only way to adjust for tire size change

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As stated there will be more drag from more air going under the truck and tire type/width can have more wind/rolling resistance, but usually the bigger issue is larger tires affect the final drive ratio. Like 6K said a tuner will let you get the speedo correct and adjust shift points to help a little. It all depends on what type of driving you do. I've went from 3.07s to 4.10s in my Lincoln Mark VIII and mileage went up around town but went down on the highway.