2004 Expedition - 3 wiring harness diagram for radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy L Gunn

Reaction score
I just decided to put a bluetooth radio in my 2004 Expedition. I ordered the radio and wiring harness but when I got everything apart, I found I have 3 plugs going into my radio. The harness I received only had 2 plugs. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know what the 3rd harness might be for? I was thinking it might be for the steering wheel controls, but wanted to make sure I had the right kit before I started splicing the radio harness to the adapter harness.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of the plugs wont be used...i always get my harnesses from crutchfield.com...check their site and see what harness they have for the truck but i know im not using one of mine and my pioneer AVIC-D3 worked and played fine w/o it and now my pioneer 8200NEX works and plays without it as well

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just decided to put a bluetooth radio in my 2004 Expedition. I ordered the radio and wiring harness but when I got everything apart, I found I have 3 plugs going into my radio. The harness I received only had 2 plugs. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know what the 3rd harness might be for? I was thinking it might be for the steering wheel controls, but wanted to make sure I had the right kit before I started splicing the radio harness to the adapter harness.

Do you have a rear entertainment DVD player ? When I installed my Pioneer Nav system the third harness plug was for the rear entertainment system and required another adapter harness from Crutchfield.