2004 shakes violently when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tilliepeople

Reaction score
First i bought an autel with abs reset but it did not turn on so I sent it back and bought an innovi with ABS but it also will not turn on so I assume it is the port.
Your explanation about the brakes makes sense .I was looking that over while waiting for a new scanner so I kind of have an idea what I will be getting myself into .
If it ever warms up again (it was 45 today but highs in the mid teens for the foreseeable future)I will check more on the OBD2 port and try again
thank you
Bill

Reaction score
Getting those Hub Bearings out is NOT something you want to tackle without a lift & torches !!! I bought the Hub on Amazon and let a shop I know get it out... I've known the manager forever so he let me do it that way to save a few bucks... It took them over 2 hours of heating and banging and wedging a chissel in bettween the flange and backing plate ! VERY glad I didn't attempt it on jackstands... I have an older autel it was OK but it didn't tell me just WHICH wheel abs was faulty... A newer one should tell you... Warm snap here for 3 days here on Long Island, NYC... FINALLY got to take my Harley for a ride yesterday and trying to get some people for a ride Saturday for lunch... Sunday it goes back to the icebox... Longest streatch without a ride I've encountered in years... 2 months of snow n ice... now it's just craters in what's left of the roads... HORRIBLE !!!
Good luck with your issue... check those fuses first ! BOTH prongs with the key on... try a google search for "No power to OBD port Ford/Expedition/Navigator" something like that...see what pops up... you might get lucky!