2005 A/C Stopped, Compressor not cycling on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, want to know if the rectangular black box mounted to the driver side radiator support upright houses relays and fuses for the A/C? Opened it up to find 3 or 4 relays and a couple of fuses, all rusted and relays would have to be forced out. Ford says that this relay box is part of the wiring harness, part#5L1Z-12A581-JB, and no longer available. Any advice?
Thanks,
Stephen

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm gonna take a stab at this is the one you're talking about .... and yes, it houses the compressor clutch relay.... how are your system static pressures ?

JJ9WRP.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

darmahsd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the diagram. It might look like that if it were elongated and turned 90° to a verticle rectangle. I don't have instruments
to find static pressure. Just a recharge gauge that puts it in the RED. Perhaps I can ask the shop that did the 1 hour diagnostic where they said that the box was the culprit and could go no further as it was unavailable.
Stephen