2005 Ford Expedition heated seat won't blow hot air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copper

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a 2005 Ford Expedition Limited and my heated seat won't blow hot air. The passenger seat warms up just fine, but the driver seat blows cool to lukewarm air. The light comes on and the module is engaging behind the dash, it just isn't hot at all. I appreciate any info and insight for this situation. Thanks in advance.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The seats don't blow air, they're resistance heater coils throughout the seat and back. If the relay is flipping, yours is probably dead.

OP
OP
copper

copper

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Can you explain the relay part of it? I hear "flipping" or the "engaging" sound for both of the seats when the heated or cooled seats is kicked on, but the passenger seat works fine, so how could one tell if it's faulty for the driver's seat? Also, I do not have heater coils on the bottom of the seat. I have taken it apart before when replacing the cushion and no such coils exist except for the springs on the bottom to hold the cushion and driver up. There is however a blow vent right beneath the cushion where a hole must be cut in the cushion to allow (my guess would be air since I feel it moving and blowing around right in the center). Could there be heater coils in that, and then air would come through as hot air?

Thanks.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, I've got a 2005 Ford Expedition Limited and my heated seat won't blow hot air. The passenger seat warms up just fine, but the driver seat blows cool to lukewarm air. The light comes on and the module is engaging behind the dash, it just isn't hot at all. I appreciate any info and insight for this situation. Thanks in advance.

I have a problem where occasionally my drivers seat will not heat or cool. Try moving the seat forward and tilting it up. Then pull the cover back and wiggle the connections under the seat. Sometimes it will solve the problem.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ohhhhh, you have heated/cooled seats. I thought the 2nd-gen only had heated. Those have a thermo-electric device that blows electrically heated/cooled air through ducts in the cushions.

Here's the Ford troubleshooting guide for these seats. I stole it from this thread which is also helpful :)

That thread recommends pulling the fuses for the climate controlled seats, since one of the circuits is always hot, it might just need a reset.

Last edited:
OP
OP
copper

copper

Reaction score
For some reason my seat now blows hot air. I didn't do anything to it other than disconnect my battery a couple of times when installing my Kenwood GPS system. I guess that reset something. Thanks for the help guys!

:happy107: