2006 Expedition, water on floor in 2nd row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Can't find much on this issue- the wife's 2006 Expedition is leaking water somewhere but I'm not sure where. The water is most prevalent in the 2nd row on the driver's side, the floor where you'd step in is very wet and if you flip up the seat to access the 3rd row there is standing water in the recessed brackets the seat latches to. Some moisture on the passenger side as well but not nearly as bad. Has anyone experienced this before?

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check for rust on the underside of the body, make sure all weatherstrip is intact.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
idk how water would go all the way from the sun roof back to were he said it was at i would guess the rear door seal top part or maybe the big side rear window leaking or your wife likes to use the car wash with the rear windows down lol

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
idk how water would go all the way from the sun roof back to were he said it was at i would guess the rear door seal top part or maybe the big side rear window leaking or your wife likes to use the car wash with the rear windows down lol

That's because you have no idea where the drain line for the sun roof is located
SOLVE your own problems before you comment on other problems that you also have no idea how to solve

Last edited:

WestCoastExpy

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue with the water. I found that it was coming in the same side from the rear side vent windows. I had to take the inside trim off and tighten the small nuts that hold the window framing against the body of the vehicle.

dougherp

Reaction score
2006 Expy Fixed the same way WestCoastExpy did. Except , I loosened the frame put some silicone around the front half of the frame where I could see it leaking, then I tightened the bolts. Fixed it - it's been a year now and completely dry.

OP
OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Yes, it does have a sunroof. I'm guessing I get to remove and re-seal the darn thing?

Hugh Janus

Reaction score
Can't find much on this issue- the wife's 2006 Expedition is leaking water somewhere but I'm not sure where. The water is most prevalent in the 2nd row on the driver's side, the floor where you'd step in is very wet and if you flip up the seat to access the 3rd row there is standing water in the recessed brackets the seat latches to. Some moisture on the passenger side as well but not nearly as bad. Has anyone experienced this before?
Don't park it in the river?