2007 Aftermarket Backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XirallicBolts

Reaction score
In case anyone is feeling adventurous, I do want to point out that in many vehicles the interior A-pillar trim is not meant to be removed multiple times. I know for a fact that on Fusions, the pillar trim is intended to be replaced if it's ever removed and uses a single-use clip system because it's meant to safely blow away from passengers if the side curtain airbags deploy.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In case anyone is feeling adventurous, I do want to point out that in many vehicles the interior A-pillar trim is not meant to be removed multiple times. I know for a fact that on Fusions, the pillar trim is intended to be replaced if it's ever removed and uses a single-use clip system because it's meant to safely blow away from passengers if the side curtain airbags deploy.

Ive swapped all my trim, not the case for the expys

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If its anything like my 08 EB I was going to do this, there is a guy on Amazon that mounted it in his sunglasses holder in the overhead console that looked pretty slick. But if you are squeamish about taking any panels off I would take it to someone to do, any kind of installation except for a temp one with a wireless camera is going to involve removing panels.

I ended up getting an Android head unit, its super slick, the panel that holds the radio pops right off in seconds. Plenty of U tube videos on it or we can help you along

here is what mine looks like

View attachment 20470

Wow, that looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a higher spec version?

Also, does it have its own battery to run with engine off, does it run off the truck's battery for a good long time, or does it turn off a few minutes after the engine?
there is a 32g version if thats what you mean, they are coming out with a new unit soon but I am not sure when or how much. You can look at it on the atoto website they have a bunch of info on them.

as far as battery its just like a normal car radio in that respect, it hooks up to the factory harness and uses the car battery. It keeps running for as long as I have tried it, I dont play it that long but when updating the apps it takes a while and does nothing to the car battery so I think that is not an issue to worry about

any other questions let me know, I really like it.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is a 32g version if thats what you mean, they are coming out with a new unit soon but I am not sure when or how much. You can look at it on the atoto website they have a bunch of info on them.

as far as battery its just like a normal car radio in that respect, it hooks up to the factory harness and uses the car battery. It keeps running for as long as I have tried it, I dont play it that long but when updating the apps it takes a while and does nothing to the car battery so I think that is not an issue to worry about

any other questions let me know, I really like it.

No, not the storage gigs...the SPECS... the version you linked to is an Android device spec'd roughly like an OBAMA PHONE, bottom of the barrel in every hardware category even by the standards of several years back (literally lower specs across the board than my $70 BLU backup cellphone that I had in 2015, Rest In Pieces old friend lol)

Has:
1024x600 SD lcd display
Mediatek Quadcore cheapie
1 gig RAM,
Unknown bluetooth, presumably 2.0-3.0
Etc

Want:
4K AMOLED or at least FullHD+ 1920x1080 or higher AMOLED
Snapdragon 820+ or Octacore Exynos
3-4 gigs RAM
Bluetooth 4.1
Etc

Last edited:

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So what? It will run everything I need it to I run Google navigation waze pandora Spotify email hands off Bluetooth phone any app I want to use

I am not hung up on specs if it does what I want that's all I need

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So what? It will run everything I need it to I run Google navigation waze pandora Spotify email hands off Bluetooth phone any app I want to use

I am not hung up on specs if it does what I want that's all I need

Sure...

But MY typical in-car tablet usage is watching 1080p 10bit x265 movies (tends to choke up your average brand new laptop and not run at all on most regular Android devices) and do so in *full california sun* though, so if I spring for an indash i dont want to velcro my tablet to the dash anymore... hence the asking.

I dont care about numbers, I just want something that lets me not cart around my flagship tablets in the glovebox anymore

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357