2007 Expedition Fuel Economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive seen as low as mid nines for mine with the tires and all the extra weight. Fives no way, the computer has to be messed up. Even if you drive like Dale Jr. from light to light its not possible. I know several guys that have raptors and drive like a55holes and still average in the 10's and thats with a 6.2

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
i get 11 on my 07 and im stock would really like to something to help with fuel econemy

If you only get 11mpg, it is either your driving style or you do nothing but heavy stop and go driving/heavy hauling. I do 60/40 highway/rural driving and I never dip below 17mpg average. My average goes from 18-20 normally with a high of 22.3.

I drive an 07 EL EB 4x4 and drive about 2000 miles a month and have 106000 on the clock.

Last edited:

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been tracking my mileage returns since July using an iPhone app. I have almost 2200 miles logged in mixed use of 80/20 city/highway and I'm at 12 mi/gal. Interestingly enough, the app tells me it costs .30/mi to operate the family hauler.. OUCH! I have a very hard time keeping my foot out of it. Wonder what it'd be like without any mods?!?

Drth Vdr

Reaction score
I'll jump in here and resurrect the topic... We have an '08 Limited with 42,*** miles and the 20" wheels. I just put a new set of Pirelli Scorpion ATRs on it (came stock with STRs). With the old STRs I was hitting 20 - 21 on the highway a lot. With the ATRs, I lost about 2 mpg.

It also has a LOT to do with where / how you drive. My wife is the primary driver, and takes it to the grocery store, school, dance class (for my daughers) Costco, etc. She doesn't drive like Dale Jr. but does tend to keep her foot in it right up until it's time to brake. She also doesn't let many people get off the line faster than she does. The last tank averaged 9.2 mpg.

When I drive it around town, I'm more careful to get all the coast I can coming up to lights, and can coax about 12 or 13 mpg out of it.

On the highway, with the new tires I can typically get 17 heading West (into the wind) or 18.5 - 19 heading East.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Mines a 08 Limited 4X4 with factory 20" and 3.31 rear and it is also my wifes DD. According to the lie-o-meter on the dash she averages about 15+/- and on a road trip to PA last summer we got about 21 with the AC cranked, 2 kids and the back full of crap. Haven't seen drop below 13.9 in over a year. So I figured its not too bad for a fully loaded SUV.

Matt

Drth Vdr

Reaction score
Yeah, my lie-o-meter on the dash says 12.1. I reset it when we got the new tires.

I actually like the ATRs, despite the mileage. They are bigger and "beefier" yet still quiet on the road.

RobE

Reaction score
2007 Expedition Eddie Bower EL gas mileage

I wanted to throw my mpg in the ring. I have a stock 07 Expedition Eddie Bower EL. I took a trip from Charlottesville, VA to Philadelphia, PA and averaged 21.7mpg. This is the best mpg I have gotten with it since I purchased it used in 2010. I average 13mpg in the city. It had about 42K miles on it and now it has 83K. I replaced the Bridgestone Dueler ATs with Pirelli Scorpion STRs and they ride better on the highway and decently in the snow and rain.

tpacheco

Reaction score
Just bought my Expedition 2011 I am averaging !5.9 mostly in town Chicago suburb driving. I traded in a 2011 Ford Focus for it, what a difference LOL! I have access to a Hyundai Elantra jic I need to save fuel :)
dj2big did you mean 15.9 and hit the ! by mistake because I have a 2010 EB with 3.73's and get 15 easy around town without even trying.