2007 Navigator Air Compressor - Other Use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07NavigatorL

Reaction score
Quick back story: I swapped out the air ride on my Navigator to a coil-over setup. The bags wouldn't stay inflated and I didn't want to burn out the compressor. Previous owner said he replaced it last year.

Now, I might be out of my mind, and I am ok with being told I am. I had a thought of somehow using the stock air compressor to fill a small air tank. I do lots of camping with my wife and 3 kids (inflating a few air matresses), and I like to adventure down logging roads or power line trails (in case I need to pump up tires while on a trial).

My previous idea was to install a small air compressor somewhere in the rear and a small tank. I want to hard-wire it in. I am good with vehicle electrics and love trying new things. I also wanted to have a air hose connection for any small air tools. I have most parts to complete this now.

TLDR - Can the stock air compressor be used to fill an aftermarket air tank? Call me crazy if you must.

Attached pic my truck. Don't mind the dirt/salt.20180215_102232.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of other vehicles GM etc have rear air ride suspension and they also have a Schrader valve in the trunk that can be used to attach a hose to to fill different things. So I would imagine these compressors can handle that no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro