2007 Navigator-Dual Climate Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rowekmr

Reaction score
I'm not new to Navigators having owned a few in the past but it took me almost a year to realize that when I change the temp of the HVAC with the primary (driver's side) temp control that it only controls that side temp. One day I was driving and noticed I had heat coming out my side but cold air out the passenger side vents and when I adjusted the passenger side temperature it was still at a low summer setting.

I tried turning it off and on and putting it on AUTO mode where it shows one temp on screen that you can adjust but once I adjust that if I hit the passenger side temp adjuster button the passenger side temp setting will come on and it won't match the driver's side. Most vehicles with dual zone temp have a dual zone button that turns on or off that function.

Is there a way to raise/lower both temperatures at the same time?

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's one of those hidden "Easter egg" controls. Fun!

From the owner's manual:

"Press and hold AUTO to engage/disengage separate passenger side temperature control."

OP
OP
R

rowekmr

Reaction score
Well you have won the Easter Egg contest!!!!
I would have never figured that one out I am glad you posted.
I wouldn't even think that is something covered in the Owner's Manual I guess I need to even look to see if it has one.
You ought to see me driving trying to adjust the temperature with 2 fingers on 2 different buttons spaced apart and trying to stay in my lane lol
It's one of those hidden "Easter egg" controls. Fun!

From the owner's manual:

"Press and hold AUTO to engage/disengage separate passenger side temperature control."

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Happy to help. :) I'm not a fan of "Easter egg" functions, but that does seem to be the way things are going -- at least with "mobile" interfaces on things like smart phones.

As for this old-style physical control panel, it was simply a matter of not wanting to spend the extra $$ to add a dedicated "DUAL" button. Thankfully this was fixed in later years. The newer style controls are a bit more intuitive.