2008 exp rear heater issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarmo

Reaction score
Good morning gents,
I have yet another problem with my exp. The rear heater is now clicking when I try and put either heat on or the ac. Like it's trying to move a solenoid but it is stuck. It also stays cold regardless of where the dash is set to. Which solenoid/motor might this one be?

Thanks for the help.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning gents,
I have yet another problem with my exp. The rear heater is now clicking when I try and put either heat on or the ac. Like it's trying to move a solenoid but it is stuck. It also stays cold regardless of where the dash is set to. Which solenoid/motor might this one be?

Thanks for the help.
Jarmo, it is probably a blend door actuator on the right hand side in the back. It's $35 part and a lot of guys replace it by removing the cup holders and going in through the top rather than removing the entire panel. You can do a search in the 3rd Gen forum for Rear Blend door actuator. that should turn up a lot of information.