2008 Power seat issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ViperXC

Reaction score
Thanks guys, hopefully one of these solutions will work for my seat. Too cold right now to try much but soon it will warm up.

Just Chuck

Reaction score
Thought I'd update this thread. Just had the drivers side power seat get stuck all the way back on my 2003 Expedition XLT.

Took the cover off the front and noticed that the the cable drive going into the inboard seat rail was a little wonky. If you didn't know, there is an electric motor that has two cable drives coming out of each side. When the motor spins the cables they must spin a worm gear and move the seat forward or backward.

Anyway, I was able to pull inboard cable out of the seat rail, hit the switch and then the outside of the seat would move forward. Played around with it a few minutes and realized there was some broken plastic inside the seat rail where the cable driver goes in. Picked the broken pieces out and then put the cable back in. Still didn't want to move so out came my little ball peen hammer. A few taps on the inboard rail while pushing the switch forward and the seat started to move forward again.

Doesn't sound as quiet as it used to, but its dark outside now and the wife need to take it the airport in the morning. Maybe next week I'll take the seat rail apart to clean out all the broken plastic.

For some more information, google tsb05-18-14 or 5L1Z-14547-BA which is the motor kit for the seat. Might still end up needing the motor.

bigtone

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Expedition that the drivers seat stopped going backward when the key was pulled from the ignition. After reading posts on the internet, I took someone's advice and read the owners manual. On page 175 of my owners manual, in the seat section, there is a "note" that says the seat can adjust itself to stop at another spot if it encounters resistance. To reset the seat, you hold the backward bar until it stops, and hold an additional 2 seconds, and you will feel a bump in the seat. This will reset the seat so that it will move all the way back when the key is pulled from the ignition and you have the "easy entry" feature set to on. The "easy entry" feature is turned on from the dash, in the center of the speedometer. I hope this helps you. It worked for me.