2008 Power seat issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if the connector is anything like on mine ('97) i noticed when i changed the seat bottom last year that some of the the plastic connectors had deteoriated and had to use nylon wire ties to put them back together. this is a common phenom; not saying that is the prob, but they do come apart occasionally, esp the ones that are 6 or more pin-type.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2008 Expedition's driver's seat stopped going forward and backward. Still goes up, down and tilts, the power recliner works, so it's just the horizontal motor. No click, no nothing.

I'll try to check the switch, but it sounds like the motor. I'm getting quotes of $810 for the seat track. Any ideas?

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fixed It

I checked the power to the horizontal motor, both back and forward lit up. So, I had power to the motor, but no click, no nothing. I got in the back seat and pushed the front seat forward while my wife was sitting in the seat, pushing the button forward. It came unstuck and now works just fine. Saved $1000!!

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked the power to the horizontal motor, both back and forward lit up. So, I had power to the motor, but no click, no nothing. I got in the back seat and pushed the front seat forward while my wife was sitting in the seat, pushing the button forward. It came unstuck and now works just fine. Saved $1000!!

i think they refer to that as memory after being in one place for so long?
in any event, glad you got it working again.

PanHandler.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, I think it was just stuck. My seat doesn't have memory.

msims

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. Going to try the motor tapping and also will try having wife sit in the seat and push forward.

this happened as i was getting in the vehicle and i pressed memory 2 button since i am taller and 2nd driver. seat started to move then stopped. same situation as i have up/down movement just fine but no front to back at all. i can hear the solenoid click in both forward and back position of switch as well.

gdellinger

Reaction score
We took our 2007 Ford Expedition EL into the dealership because the hazards were going crazy. They replaced the SJB - said it was bad - $580. Afterwards we noticed the seat wasn't tilting up. Then I got in the driver seat and found that the seat would rock back and forth. Took it back to the dealership a couple days later thinking they broke it and would fix it - thinking they had disengaged something. They will...for $1200 they will replace the track.

B

bedrck46

you may find that the gear on the motor is striped Have that problem with my 2001 only way I can move it front to back is with a come a long but I leave it where it is for the time being as I am the only driver If you need to do that just make sure you program all your remotes for that setting that way the seat won't move or try to move to another position when you hit a different remote

Edmund K

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had to revive this post, as my 08 limited decided to pull the same trick as the original post states. I'm going to try the hammer tap, but was also wondering if anyone has had luck with any additional fixes?

Edmund K

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Success was had with the hammer tap! It may be of interest to note that it has just started getting significantly colder here in southern Ohio, so perhaps temperature may have had a part to play? The truck is garaged all night, but the insulation in there leaves much to be desired.
Anyway, I am once again grateful to the fellow members of this forum who willingly share their experiences; providing a "map through the minefield" of dealing with our Expys!
Happy motoring!