2010 EL 3/2” lift + 35" + Tuner - pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cool looks good i had those 20's before SOL sold them to me but im sure biger tires would of been an issue.

jglopic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The truck looks good with the lift and bigger tires. One question (for you and others): has anyone been able to re-center the rear tire in the the wheel-well after the lift? Seems like the trailing arms need to be lengthened slightly. Is that available/possible?

OP
OP
B

Bernard

Reaction score
Thanks.

Looks good. Are the wheels 7.5" wide?

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2
Rims are 8.5" - same as the stock 20".

The truck looks good with the lift and bigger tires. One question (for you and others): has anyone been able to re-center the rear tire in the the wheel-well after the lift? Seems like the trailing arms need to be lengthened slightly. Is that available/possible?

You are absolutely right.
I would say that in order to do this right, one would need to get:
  • Longer trailing arms – didn’t see anything for the EXPY.
  • Taller steering knuckles - perhaps from a 2007-2010 F-150 lift kit…
  • Longer break lines and/or reposition the lines brackets (front and rear) – I’m still thinking how to do that.
  • Full alignment kit - I had to buy one for the front right end but all other are pushed to the limit.
  • And (for me) a 3” spacer for the rear, instead of the 2” – couldn’t find rear 3”…

Looks great. Let me know if you have any questions since Ive been down :)smile:) this path

I appreciate it.
I read many of your posts and learned a lot form it, as a newcomer to the Expedition.

I really like what you did/do with your EXPY – certainly something to take example from.

Back at home I have a 2000 Range Rover, that I heavily modified. I had to fabricate by myself almost every part because there is nothing off-the-shelf to modify a RR for off road.
I’m starting to realize that it will probably be the same for the Expedition – and ongoing/never ending project…

Anyway, maybe you can help me with this two:

1. I want to replace the steering knuckles, as I said.
Does the 2007-2010 F150 have the same front suspensions as our EXPY? Are the steering knuckles exchangeable from one to the other, so I could use “lifted” knuckles for the F150 in my EXPY?

2. I would like to install a diff locker into the rear axle. I saw some lockers for the Ford Expedition IRS but there 2 kinds of differentials and 2 ratios for each.
How do I know which rear diff I got?
I took some pics of my rear diff.

Thanks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20121019_151216.jpg
    20121019_151216.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,208
  • 20121019_151238.jpg
    20121019_151238.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,218
  • 20121019_153303.JPG
    20121019_153303.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 20121019_153453.JPG
    20121019_153453.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,246

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front suspension is something that Ive looked into before. I read somewhere that it was the same but then I started researching and found it that it was not. The part numbers were different. I even called a suspension company (cant remember which one) that had developed something for the expy and they say that was different.

OP
OP
B

Bernard

Reaction score
I need to find a set of those rims.
eBay - F-150 rims.

The front suspension is something that Ive looked into before. I read somewhere that it was the same but then I started researching and found it that it was not. The part numbers were different. I even called a suspension company (cant remember which one) that had developed something for the expy and they say that was different.
Well, with my experience with land rover parts, I have found that different part number is not necessarily means different parts.
Some of the engine parts of the 4.0L Discovery (1999-2004) and the 4.6L (1999-2002) have different numbers but they are exactly the same and interchangeable – and it goes for the height sensors of the Discovery II (99-04) and the LR3/4 too – same parts different number and price (price !!!).

I think I’ll try to find a used F150 knuckle and see if it will “go in” and if it will, I’ll try finding lifted ones…

dvents

Reaction score
Hi guys. After reading this thread, I decided to upgrade my 2010 XP EL. Parts I have added are:

1. readylift 3"/2" for Expeditions
2. 2" Wheel spacers (6 lug of course)
3. Nitto Terra Grapplers LT275/65R20 E126R

I've noticed that there is grinding sound from the RR tire. Must be the A-type arm hitting the coils. I'm having the XP camber aligned in a bit. I hope it gets rid of that sound.

Any word here is there are after market already available?

Ford_Forever

Reaction score
Hi Bernard
Good job and very nice looking Expedition.

Regarding the Knuckle I find that the expedition part is the same F-150 RWD the part number is :
MEF117 (Front Right)
MEF119 (Front Left)

And the F-150 4WD part number is :
MEF116 (Front Right)
MEF118 (Front Left)

Thanks

Last edited: