2010 EL 3/2” lift + 35" + Tuner - pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bernard

Reaction score
Hi Bernard
Good job and very nice looking Expedition.

Regarding the Knuckle I find that the expedition part is the same F-150 RWD the part number is :
MEF117 (Front Right)
MEF119 (Front Left)

And the F-150 4WD part number is :
MEF116 (Front Right)
MEF118 (Front Left)

Thanks

Wow!! Great!!!

Thanks A Lot ----.

After you know what/how to look for, it all comes up right..

But it got me a bit confused.
It says that the same knuckles used for the 2009-on F-150 and the 2007-on EXPY are the F-150 Rear Wheel Drive. Not the 4WD version. But the EXPY is 4WD…

Ford_Forever

Reaction score
Yes I agree with you and I think that what make the Expedition (4WD) lower than the F-150 (4WD).
Also I found that the Shock Absorber in F-150 (4WD) longer than the Expedition (4WD) with around 1 inch.

You can see and compare the parts in that website:
RockAuto Parts Catalog[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=jo3ms94102b2rhhgk9mvqar1k6

Ford_Forever

Reaction score
Hi
I took a photo to compare the Expedition vs F150 both (4WD).

I find that the F-150 slightly higher than my Expy so I think the reason is tow thing :
1- F-150 has longer Knuckle.
2- F-150 has longer Shock Absorber.
but I dont knew about the ather parts.

Attachments

• Expey & F150 knuckels_1.jpg
    Expey & F150 knuckels_1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 444
OP
OP
B

Bernard

Reaction score
Hi
I took a photo to compare the Expedition vs F150 both (4WD).

I find that the F-150 slightly higher than my Expy so I think the reason is tow thing :
1- F-150 has longer Knuckle.
2- F-150 has longer Shock Absorber.
but I dont knew about the ather parts.

Where do take the parts measurements?
And what about the upper/lower arms, are those the same too (for the the F-150 and the EXPY)?

Looking at the pics you posted, by the looks of the shafts on both trucks, it does seams like the F-150 is a bit “lifted” than the EXPY..Other than that, from that angle, it looks the same construction.

I don’t get it.
If both the F-150 and the EXPY have the same parts with the same part number, how come the F-150 has longer knuckles?
As far as my understanding in IFS goes, the length/height of the knuckles do doesn’t determine the ride height.

Looking at the pics you posted, by the looks of the shafts on both trucks, it does seams like the F-150 is a bit “lifted” than the EXPY..Other than that, from that angle, it looks the same construction.

Any way, I would like to know what are the differences between the 2WD and the 4WD knuckles, to determine if the F-150 lift kit knuckles will fit/work in the EXPY – but I can’t find clear pics of the two…

Everything is going so hard with those Expedition modifications…

capitlj

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spicer shows the same part number for the Upper Control Arm/Ball Joint on both the Expy 4WD and the F150 4WD. The lowers do appear to be different since Spicer/Raybestos does not list a number for the Expy 4WD and they do for the F150 4WD. I'd be willing to bet that the stock F150 4WD spindle would not only fit but might solve that high ball joint angle without going to a lifted aftermarket one.

OP
OP
B

Bernard

Reaction score
Spicer shows the same part number for the Upper Control Arm/Ball Joint on both the Expy 4WD and the F150 4WD. The lowers do appear to be different since Spicer/Raybestos does not list a number for the Expy 4WD and they do for the F150 4WD. I'd be willing to bet that the stock F150 4WD spindle would not only fit but might solve that high ball joint angle without going to a lifted aftermarket one.

What year, for the F150? Which year have the same part number? Could you put a link?

I hope next week or the week after, I'll go to a local junk yard and try finding a used F-150 knuckle and upper A arm - see if it will fits..

capitlj

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked up a 2008 Expedition 4WD and a 2008 F150 4WD
EDIT
Since it's kinda quiet here now I looked up all the way to 2012 and was still coming up with the same information. In 2012 tho the F150 did add some new part numbers based on options but I'd bet it's F150 Raptor vs all other F150's in my catalog.

Last edited:

Ford_Forever

Reaction score
good idea, if its work with you then it will be possible to install the F150 rancho quick lift suspension it will add 2".
and for the back i think enough to install the ford expedition rancho quick lift suspension it will add 0.75" + 1" spacer it will be ok.

what do you think guys ?

OP
OP
B

Bernard

Reaction score
good idea, if its work with you then it will be possible to install the F150 rancho quick lift suspension it will add 2".
and for the back i think enough to install the ford expedition rancho quick lift suspension it will add 0.75" + 1" spacer it will be ok.

what do you think guys ?

Well, it sounds good but…
If it’s the lift you’re aiming for, why not going with the 3/2 or 2/1 or 2.5/1.5 or any other spacers out there – much cheaper and easy too…

capitlj

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, it sounds good but…
If it’s the lift you’re aiming for, why not going with the 3/2 or 2/1 or 2.5/1.5 or any other spacers out there – much cheaper and easy too…

Because that ball joint angle is pretty extreme with the Expedition spindle. I would love to see if the F150's spindle/knuckle can be swapped in to alleviate that issue as it's pretty worrying to someone who's truck will spend some time off of the pavement. It would suck to be bouncing down a dirt road or through some snow drifts and have that ball joint fail. From the information we have dug up I think the 4WD F150 Spindle will fit on an Expedition. One thing I'm curious about is if the spindle swap alone will give any lift or if it will just correct the suspension angles once a spacer lift is installed.