2010 expedition el limited tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexjr

Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding tow mirrors that work for my 2010 expedition el limited. They have stock “power folding” option and when I ordered some from car parts.com they did not fit. The 2 bottom screws matched up with stock holes, but top screw did not match with stock so I couldn’t even mount the mirror. Does anybody know if the trail ridge mirrors from 1aauto fit? I don’t care to keep the “power folding” option, just want them to fit. Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
alexjr

alexjr

Reaction score
I forgot to add when I called 1aauto customer service, they said they wouldn’t fit. Wondering if anyone has tried anyway and been successful with replacing stock power folding mirrors with tow mirrors.
Thanks again.

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why not just use add on mirrors and avoid the hassle? I've been using these for years on my 2010 and they work great.

Tow Mirrors

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I forgot to add when I called 1aauto customer service, they said they wouldn’t fit. Wondering if anyone has tried anyway and been successful with replacing stock power folding mirrors with tow mirrors.
Thanks again.
I've been running these on my 2010 EL Limited since about a year after I bought it and they're great. Installed without issue and all the expected stuff worked (puddle lamps, power adjusting, memory settings, heaters, etc.).

They are manual fold. I found that they had tendency to self-extend slightly due to vibrations, but since they stuck out far enough to see my car trailer without being extended I put a small stainless screw into the plastic to hold them in the un-extended position.

Any chance you were sent mirrors for an F150? They're definitely different from the Expedition mounts.

ricco4592

Reaction score

I've been running these on my 2010 EL Limited since about a year after I bought it and they're great. Installed without issue and all the expected stuff worked (puddle lamps, power adjusting, memory settings, heaters, etc.).

They are manual fold. I found that they had tendency to self-extend slightly due to vibrations, but since they stuck out far enough to see my car trailer without being extended I put a small stainless screw into the plastic to hold them in the un-extended position.

Any chance you were sent mirrors for an F150? They're definitely different from the Expedition mounts.
Can attest to mjp. Ive had these for almost 2 years now. Granted they were about 150 cheaper when I first bought, they are plug and play. They must have sent the wrong ones

OP
OP
alexjr

alexjr

Reaction score
That’s a possibility that they sent wrong mirrors. Glad I sent back tho and went with the ones you have. Those are the ones I was looking at, just wanted to make sure someone already had them with no issues. I ordered them today. Thank you very much!!

reklaw

Reaction score
Not really what I’m looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Did you by chance order anything yet? I've placed 2 orders through another company for these in the last 6 months and both times the order was cancelled because they were backordered with no estimate on delivery from the manufacturer. I believe at the time 1aauto did say out of stock but now I see it says in stock. Maybe I'll try ordering them again.