2010 Expedition Mode Door questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seventieslord

Reaction score
I have the dreaded "no floor or defrost air, only dash" problem. I've had a mechanic "fix" it briefly twice but both times it eventually went back to its old ways. Searching for answers is really difficult because I don't know what most parts are called.

- The actuator is fine. It responds to commands from the air mode button on the dash, and its teeth are as sharp as ever.
- The white piece that the actuator turns is fine, or at least on the teeth it's fine. I can turn it by hand and I can also see it turning when the actuator moves it. (WHAT IS THIS CALLED?)
- The white piece, in turn, moves at least two, but maybe three separate little actuators (more like arms, really) that I have to assume move the different doors - one for the floor and one for the dash,for example. One of those little black arms has popped right out. I am sure it's the arm that controls the door for dash air, since no matter what happens, the dash is blowing.
- I'm going to need to jam that piece back in where it belongs somewhere, but I can't see a spot where it goes in. I can feel the grooves on the back of the white piece that are meant to control this arm, but I don't see where the other end goes.
- The chamber that contains the mode door(s), what is it called? All I can tell you is that it says:

FoMoCo
9L34-19740
CC01A
44Zd-572-1(something, maybe 5?)
CAV.1

If I could just find a picture of this part by itself I could see where the holes are, and base my next move on that, but I cant find it in google searches by any of the above info, and I can't find it by searching for the things that I think it may be called... I'm lost here.

Any ideas?