2010 navigator towing??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69charged

Reaction score
Hello all. Previously we owned an 08 expy max, which just got stolen and suffered 10000 damage. So we have a deal lines up on a 2010 navigator. But my concern is that I just found out they have a different transfer case on them with no low 4. I am also looking to get a wake boat and am concerned about launching it without low 4. Like pulling it out of the water. Where we launch is gravel not concrete. What are your thoughts on this, and if anyone has experience with this, your opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Clarence

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I doubt you will notice a difference. The case still gives you the option to lock in 4wd not just leave it in auto. I had 3.73s and unless I had something extremely nasty and deep (think pulling a 9,000 lb trailer through a foot of mud in 100 degree weather) I didn't need or use 4wd low.

OP
OP

69charged

Reaction score
Thanks. My buddy has a 2010 expy and he launched his 22ft pontoon in 4 hi but on a concrete ramp. He says he never uses low either. I don't think I have ever used low in my expy, for anything, but I didn't tow ever either. Just trying to cover my bases before I pull the trigger on this one.
And I was wrong, it's a 2011 with 130000 miles and they are asking 25000. So a good price for what it is.
Thanks
Clarence