2011 Expedition EL - Blower motor with variable speed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jozef Zoldos

Reaction score
The Blower Motor on my vehicle has a mind of it's own. When I turn the fan on from a cold engine start and put the fan on high, it works well for about 2 minutes and then it starts oscillating haphazardly between fast and slow. It sounds like a bad Blower Motor Control Unit which is pretty easy to replace. How can I confirm that this part is bad before I purchase a new one?

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By the symptoms, sounds like a classic case. Check the wiring while you're down there.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Blower Motor on my vehicle has a mind of it's own. When I turn the fan on from a cold engine start and put the fan on high, it works well for about 2 minutes and then it starts oscillating haphazardly between fast and slow. It sounds like a bad Blower Motor Control Unit which is pretty easy to replace. How can I confirm that this part is bad before I purchase a new one?

The resistor thing?

It's $20-50something (generic vs. Ford) and sits behind the glovebox. Open glovebox, unload contents, pull "sidewalls" inward until they clear the stop, and let it drop out. The thingie will be in the lower right corner

Just buy one on amazon, try swapping it in and return it if it doesn't help