2011 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

First Light

Reaction score
2011 Expedition Engine

Ford is putting a new, larger gas engine in some of the pick-up trucks, & I'm curious if anyone has good information on what engine(s) will be available in the 011 Expedition's? Not interested in turning this thread into speculation, rumors, or what engine you would like in yours - just looking for factual 011 Expedition engine information.

Also, does anyone know if the Tow Command controller will be available on the 011's?

Last edited:

amstel78

Reaction score
I'm hoping to see a small block turbo diesel option soon... if one comes out, I'm trading in my 2008 Limited.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im lucky i got what i got paid 4....never mind a 2011:D

if i won lottery id get 1 or 2 thou....with the strips...silver with black or grey interier....yea thats it....."puff" "puff"

...niiiice "cough"...:D

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure Ford has the money to be developing new engine packages, with GM struggling to stay alive in my opinion Ford really has no American competition for SUV's. But I too would love to see some diesel technology like VW has be available for the Expy. But for now my 2005 is exactly what I need and it's paid for which is even better!

gjhanson2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the diesel; Ford has already made two seperate attempts at putting diesels into the Expedition, one for the 2005 model with the 4.5L Powerstroke V-6 and again for the 2010 model with the 4.4L V-8. Both times Ford decided that, due to low gas prices, diesels were not in high enough demand to put into production (total b.s. Haha). Both motors were completed (the 4.5 was actually put into production and used in medium duty trucks and is still used today) so it wouldn't be dificult at all for Ford to start producing diesels for the Expedition and F-150. Ford will make another attempt to get a small diesel into the Expedition, but it won't be for another few years and it will most likely be due to rising fuel prices.

OP
OP
F

First Light

Reaction score
Unfortunately the 2011 will just have the 3V 5.4L without any performance improvement.

Click Here for full 2011 details (2011 Order Guide)

Thanks for the link - exactly what I was looking for, I did not realize that was out yet. :)

With the Order Guide out, do you know when Ford will start accepting orders for 2011's?

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

First Light

Reaction score
im lucky i got what i got paid 4....never mind a 2011:D

if i won lottery id get 1 or 2 thou....with the strips...silver with black or grey interier....yea thats it....."puff" "puff"

...niiiice "cough"...:D

Well good for you, but your post does not help anyone in this thread. :confused:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50