2011 Liminted Springs & Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi All
Approximately 3 years ago (Can't find the invoice) The Ford dealer I use in NY changed the shocks in our 2011 Expy 4X4 Limited. When we got it back I noticed the front of the truck was lower than the rear. I also found out (after the fact) that the dealer had changed the shocks and springs as a single package instead of removing the shocks and reusing the springs, which I believe caused the rake issue. I had alot of other things going on at the time and didn't make an issue about it - which I should have.

Since that time the truck lives at our place in Florida and only gets driven locally, a total of about 2,000 miles per year and drives / rides fine. As of now it has a total of 56,000 miles on it.

Last week we took a drive to the keys - about 180 miles each way, half of it 6 lane 80mph I95 interstate and the other half 2 lane 45mph Keys Overseas Highway. On the interstate the truck rode well, but when quick / hard braking was required (which is fairly often on south FL interstates) the truck would dive and pull to the left. After the first few times, I was prepared for this and compensated with slight right pressure on the steering wheel, no movement to the right, just hold. Even with the pressure the nose of the truck would sway - close to dangerously. I also noticed on bumpy sections of interstate the nose of the truck would bounce like the shocks were worn out. After the trip down, I tested hard braking from 20, 30 and 40 MPH and there were no issues with pulling or swaying at all. In addition, I checked for steering wheel / front wheel play on paved road and there was none.

The brakes and rotors have 16K on them and show no visual damage, although I have not pulled a wheel yet, but will do tomorrow. The shocks (and unfortunately springs) have about 4K on them.
At this point, I am thinking the wrong shocks / springs were installed in the truck, when the dealer changed them.

Here are measurements taken this AM with the 2011 truck I reference above and our 2017. The measurement is from the ground to the bottom of the fender lip. Both are Standard Length Limited 4x4 with HD Trailer Tow, 3:31 open differential, 20" wheels and the same size (not brand) 275/55/R20 tires. I've also provided pictures where you can see the rake on the 2011.

Right Front 33 3/4"
Left Front 34 1/4"
Right Rear 35"
Left Rear 35"

Right Front 36 1/16"
Left Front 35 15/16"
Right Rear 35 1/8"
Left Rear 35"

At this point, I'm guessing most of you are asking "is there a question in here somewhere". Yes there is. I'm thinking I'm going to need to change the front shocks and springs and would like to know / confirm what the proper part numbers are for:

a) The shocks
b) The springs
c) The assembled shock spring package
d Does someone on here have access to fords Oasis system where they can lookup the actual part numbers that were installed
e) Should I move to an aftermarket setup and if so what is the part number for what you recommend.

I'm especially interested in those with 2011 - 2014 Limited With HD Tow that have changed shoucks and / or springs.

20220205_103205.jpg

20220205_103223.jpg

20220205_103132.jpg

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Measured my 07 when I got home. It measures 35-1/2” both sides on front, keep in mind it has over 200k and they are original as far as I know.