2012 Expedition Entertainment system problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twood2861

Reaction score
I'm new here and hope someone can help me, please! I have a 2012 Expedition EL with the factory installed Rear entertainment system. Everything has work very well until recently. About a month ago DVD's will now only play through an FM modulation by tuning the radio to a specific channel. Before all I had to do was have someone in the rear insert a DVD and the system would play. I could also control the signal that would be sent to each headphone set. Now all it says is "rear zone off", ?? Neither I or my Ford service center can figure out what is wrong. I can not find any setting to turn on the rear zone controls in the sync navigation/stereo control center accessible from the driver. Can anyone please help?
Thanks!
Tim

B

bedrck46

do you have both the owners manual and the entertainment manual

OP
OP
T

Twood2861

Reaction score
Yes I have both but neither of them say anything about how to turn on/turn off rear zone control.

B

bedrck46

I read them both and agree that there is no mention of that problem.
But I was reading the part about the parental controls in the rear controls
Could that have something to do with the problem. Try to think back to when the problem occurred and who may have been in the back seats? Maybe something in the back got changed. Sorry if I am not much of a help here I am not familiar with the system Just offering something with the hope it helps Good luck in finding the cure and Kindly give an update when you get it resolved Just maybe be helpful to the next person.

OP
OP
T

Twood2861

Reaction score
First thanks for your help! Your suggestion makes a bit of sense. The problem started after my wife and teenage daughter took a trip in it with 5 other girl scouts. Possibly they did something. I will read over the parental control section and see if I can find something.

Thanks again!
Tim

OP
OP
T

Twood2861

Reaction score
Unfortunately that did not do it. It still says "Rear Zone Off" under the "Rear Zone Control" screen.

B

bedrck46

Tim,
Thanks for your reply sorry that it didn't help but kindly post an update when you do get the problem resolved Good Luck

Bob M

I don't have any elect prints to check to see if there could possibly be a fuse involved and sometimes Ford uses in-line fuses that may not appear in the owner's manuals You may want to have your dealer check on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

FordIVTteam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twood2861 ... About a month ago DVD's will now only play through an FM modulation by tuning the radio to a specific channel. Before all I had to do was have someone in the rear insert a DVD and the system would play. I could also control the signal that would be sent to each headphone set. Now all it says is "rear zone off", ?? ...

Hi Tim,

My associate Todd might be able to assist you with that. You can PM him here: http://www.expeditionforum.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=37046

Antonio

B

bedrck46

Neither I or my Ford service center can figure out what is wrong. I can not find any setting to turn on the rear zone controls in the sync navigation/stereo control center accessible from the driver. Can anyone please help?
Thanks!
Tim

I guess Todd will just tell him to take it to the Dealer as he always does And The OP has already been to his dealer

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnorman