2012 Expedition Entertainment system problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the invision headset system? If so, use the remote control to set the FM modulation on and off to see if that does something. It's only on the remote. When set in this mode, do you actually hear something through the radio tuned to the frequency?

I believe the rear zone on/off only has to do with the ability of people in the back to use the center console audio controls.

B

bedrck46

Tim kindly up-date with the results when the problem get resolved I somehow feel that it had something to do with the girls in the rear seats. Will be interesting to know the answer

OP
OP
T

Twood2861

Reaction score
No fix yet. All I found out was that aftermarket DVD systems do have to use an FM modulator to play through the vehicle speakers. However, if the system is factory installed there is no need to tune to a FM channel and use the FM modulation feature, except in my case now, LOL.

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I have, unfortunately come to find out, none of the DVD entertainment systems are factory installed. They are all dealer installed options.

There is one more thing that I didn't think of earlier, do you have the headrest or overhead system installed? I have the dual headrest system. You can play a DVD in one and watch on the other as well. In that case, you have to have the headphones set to the correct unit, A or B, to hear the movie. Could that be the problem?

OP
OP
T

Twood2861

Reaction score
I have the dual headrest system. When I use the headphones they work perfectly. It's only when I want to play the move through the vehicle sound system that I have the problem. If I could just find another person with the same system and show the service rep that would help.

TW

B

bedrck46

are your headsets wireless or plug in and if they are wireless is there a way to turn them off Or am I in a different ballpark Just a guess

OP
OP
T

Twood2861

Reaction score
Yes but they are already turned off. Anyone here have the so called factory installed dual DVD system on a 2012022014 expedition?

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do the headrests look like this?

picture%20of%20headrest%20dvd.jpg