2012 Front Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brianstl

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for front struts. I got a leaker on the front and need to be replaced at 107000 miles, so looking at them with the oxidation, they must be oem. I don’t do any hauling just normal driving. I got a bid because I don’t have the tools to replace them (1211.00). Im in Missouri so I don’t know if that’s a good price or not. I didn’t get an itemized because I wanted to do more research. Thanks for the input.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't buy the ones that are prepackaged with springs included, even though they are much easier to swap out. I installed the Monroe packaged shock/spring units all the way around on my 2011 Limited about 4 years ago. When finished, the front of the truck ended up 1.5" lower than before the change and the nose bounced like it had worn out shocks when going over bumps.

I made the huge mistake of throwing out the old shocks and springs as an assembly, so when I decided to bite the bullet and fix the problem by reinstalling Motorcraft front shocks & springs, I had to buy the shocks, springs and mounting plates separately and it was a very expensive lesson. The truck level now and rides like new, even a year later.

landryK

Reaction score
Don't buy the ones that are prepackaged with springs included, even though they are much easier to swap out. I installed the Monroe packaged shock/spring units all the way around on my 2011 Limited about 4 years ago. When finished, the front of the truck ended up 1.5" lower than before the change and the nose bounced like it had worn out shocks when going over bumps.

I made the huge mistake of throwing out the old shocks and springs as an assembly, so when I decided to bite the bullet and fix the problem by reinstalling Motorcraft front shocks & springs, I had to buy the shocks, springs and mounting plates separately and it was a very expensive lesson. The truck level now and rides like new, even a year later.
I am currently in the same exact boat. Where did you buy the lower spring mount that sits on the shock?

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am currently in the same exact boat. Where did you buy the lower spring mount that sits on the shock?
Go to RockAuto and buy part # ASH24732. It doesn't matter what the fitment is because you're only going to cut it up to grab the spring perch and isolator. $35 per shock.

landryK

Reaction score
Go to RockAuto and buy part # ASH24732. It doesn't matter what the fitment is because you're only going to cut it up to grab the spring perch and isolator. $35 per shock.
Is it welded to the shock?

landryK

Reaction score
Nope, but you'll need to cut the mount eye off the end so the perch will slide off.
What shocks did you end up swapping in? I bought 2009 f150 4x4 bilstein 5100s for my 2010 limited 4x4 expedition. Part number BIL24-239394-2.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still haven't swapped out the fronts. 2014+ 5100s in the rear with custom coils and somehow-not-yet-leaking Rancho quick lifts in the front.

landryK

Reaction score
I still haven't swapped out the fronts. 2014+ 5100s in the rear with custom coils and somehow-not-yet-leaking Rancho quick lifts in the front.
I’ll keep you posted if the 5100s work for me in the front

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire