2013 Expedition Message Center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRN

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know......I bought a 2013 for my wife last week. Everything was working great. Took it on the road towing a popup camper. Message center informed me that I had the trailer connected perfectly. I changed to see what kind of mileage I was getting. No problems. By the next day, the message center is only displaying the last message. If a door opens, the message center will not clear the message. The three buttons on the dash do nothing now.

Then to top it off, I got an error message regarding the TPMS. Stopped by a Discount Tire location and they relearned the sensors. The message was cleared on restart. Two days later it reappeared.

I don't want to chase the TPMS issue until I figure out the message center issue in case there is a relation.

I'm not sure where to start.....Are the buttons the problem or the message center in the instrument cluster or is it whichever module is feeding the information to the message center?

Anyone that can offer any experience with this issue or where to begin?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got me stumped. The Info/Setup/Reset panel is fairly inexpensive, easy to change, and super common among Fords. The part number is 6E5Z-10D889-AA and new are about $35. Good used for less on ebay, junkyard, etc.

On a Fusion several years ago I noticed the switch (which I rarely used) became unresponsive but was still illuminated when the headlights were on. Tried the old unplug & plug back in trick with no luck. A used switch solved the problem. But I can't relate to your TPMS issues, seems like a coincidence but likely related. Good luck.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wouldn't you know......I bought a 2013 for my wife last week. Everything was working great. Took it on the road towing a popup camper. Message center informed me that I had the trailer connected perfectly. I changed to see what kind of mileage I was getting. No problems. By the next day, the message center is only displaying the last message. If a door opens, the message center will not clear the message. The three buttons on the dash do nothing now.

Then to top it off, I got an error message regarding the TPMS. Stopped by a Discount Tire location and they relearned the sensors. The message was cleared on restart. Two days later it reappeared.

I don't want to chase the TPMS issue until I figure out the message center issue in case there is a relation.

I'm not sure where to start.....Are the buttons the problem or the message center in the instrument cluster or is it whichever module is feeding the information to the message center?

Anyone that can offer any experience with this issue or where to begin?
I'd start with an ECM reset. Yank the positive battery cable, wait ~30 mins, then hook it up. Observe/measure results.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And get one of those big dial pressure gauges and manually check your tires

Got me stumped. The Info/Setup/Reset panel is fairly inexpensive, easy to change, and super common among Fords. The part number is 6E5Z-10D889-AA and new are about $35. Good used for less on ebay, junkyard, etc.

On a Fusion several years ago I noticed the switch (which I rarely used) became unresponsive but was still illuminated when the headlights were on. Tried the old unplug & plug back in trick with no luck. A used switch solved the problem. But I can't relate to your TPMS issues, seems like a coincidence but likely related. Good luck.

Any idea if these plug in and work on SSV / XL trucks that just came with only one button on the odometer face?