2013 King Ranch timing chain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zmann96

Reaction score
I purchased my 2013 Expy about a year ago with 135K miles on it. I now have 150K and wondering if my timing chain has already been changed. Are there any tattle signs of the chain having already been done? There isn't any noise at start up and the engine has a fairly smooth idle.

OP
OP
Zmann96

Zmann96

Reaction score
I understand I may not have the issue now but I don't have any record that it's been replaced. I do have 150K which is beyond the recommended replacement. I am asking is there any way of telling it's been replaced other than removing the covers.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Who's telling you that a timing chain "is beyond recommended replacement" at 150,000 miles? Or that there's any recommended replacement at all? The vast majority are running fine long, long after that. A timing chain's not something that's replaced proactively.

As far as an answer to your question, only a visual inspection of the components that would be removed to accomplish this onerous job would tell you if the engine was opened. Look for tool marks.

Last edited: