Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil c

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or insight to my current dilemma ,any feed back is very much appreciated.
I have a 2011 Expedition 5.4 3v 180xxx.I recently replaced the timing chain ,cam phasers,chain tensioners, guides, vvt colanoides,coil packs ,sparkplugs, and cleaned everything up while i was in there.
both of my tensioners where blown and one of the guides were broke so the truck was loud at start up it had low power/ hesitating p0012 p0021 and a misfire code would pop up.i used a cloyes timing chain kit to replace the oem components .after getting everything back together runs very nice, quite , has good power and better gas mileage from what i can tell (so far) but now i am getting a p0150 (co2 sensor) and p0016 which says the timing correlation is off .I have took everything off and checked 3 times already and everything looks good i would just replace the sensor and drive but i have noticed when the truck is warmed up at idle it shakes some times and died on me once.
if anyone has had a similar experience or suggestions i would really appreciate it ?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Check the wiring on your phaser solenoids. Did you damage the contacts when installing the valve covers?

There have been a few reports of the newer (now that they went Chinese) Cloyes chain guides imploding somewhat quickly after installation. You'd probably hear the chain rattling again if that happened.

Last edited:

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guessing you installed everything correctly. So imma go out on a limb and quote FordTechMakuloco… “…only use Ford parts for your timing jobs…”

He swears by them. Also says you’re taking a chance using aftermarket parts for this job. Look him up on YouTube. He’s got tons of info on this procedure.

Was gonna do mine, but decided to let him tackle it. He did an awesome job. Very fast, and efficient.

Hope you get your issue figured out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani