2014 Expedition EL Power Running Board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crixus12

Reaction score
I believe my power running board motor is going bad as it sounds awful and has no power move the board up without assistance. Brackets are clean, clear and lubed.

Dealer wanted $2000 as they don’t sell just the motor, but both brackets and tension bar as well.

My question. The physical motor is part number 9L74-16B467-BA on my current expedition EL, when I look at the part itself, but that part is no where online.

Was this replaced by 9L7Z-16A507-B?

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I was still under warranty you could not get the motor alone from Ford either. I thought that had changed, but perhaps not. Regardless, you can get an aftermarket motor. Dorman makes one (~$300) and there are no-name motors on eBay also (< $100).

ssmock

Reaction score
I bought a motor and bracket for my 2014 Limited. Dorman makes them, installed without too much problem. Been working fine. Paid about $300 for the motor and bracket, I think Rock Auto but could be wrong, it was a couple of years ago.

Lynnii2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe my power running board motor is going bad as it sounds awful and has no power move the board up without assistance. Brackets are clean, clear and lubed.

Dealer wanted $2000 as they don’t sell just the motor, but both brackets and tension bar as well.

My question. The physical motor is part number 9L74-16B467-BA on my current expedition EL, when I look at the part itself, but that part is no where online.

Was this replaced by 9L7Z-16A507-B?
Rockauto.com

OP
OP
C

Crixus12

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies.
I looked at Rock Auto and I only saw 119” base model motors, so i would need to find a way to connect the tension rod

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies.
I looked at Rock Auto and I only saw 119” base model motors, so i would need to find a way to connect the tension rod

According to this place:

If you try buying an original Ford motor, you will find that they are very expensive, and come with the bracket.
They supply different motors for the Expedition EL, but this is only because the bracket is different.
Our motors come without the bracket and will fit the EL as well as the standard wheelbase truck.
Removing and refitting the bracket is simple.
See our Teardown page for details.