2015 Electric power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrLo

Reaction score
My battery died on my expy and after having it jump started, my power steering is gone, running boards not working and interior lights not illuminating. I checked the fuses, they’re good, I clean and disconnected and reconnected the battery, but still can’t figure out why my power steering or anything else works. Anyone have any ideas to why, or what I need to look at? TIA

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My battery died on my expy and after having it jump started, my power steering is gone, running boards not working and interior lights not illuminating. I checked the fuses, they’re good, I clean and disconnected and reconnected the battery, but still can’t figure out why my power steering or anything else works. Anyone have any ideas to why, or what I need to look at? TIA

Since you had your vehicle jump-started, you had a bad battery.

Did you replace it - or continue to use it?

I suspect your electrical issues are due to a defective battery.

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I presume you are saying these things are not working after the car is running? If that is the case, then your alternator/charging system is not functioning. You should have some sort of battery/electrical light on as well as OBD codes. You need to check the voltage at the 12V outlet with something like this, both with the car running (to check the charging system) and not (to check the battery voltage)

voltmeter.jpg

OP
OP
O

OrLo

Reaction score
Found the issue… it was the mega fuse (125A & 350A) were burned out when the not so smart guy had the jumper cables backwards… luckily he didn’t destroy my main cpu

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found the issue… it was the mega fuse (125A & 350A) were burned out when the not so smart guy had the jumper cables backwards… luckily he didn’t destroy my main cpu
Something like this will not let you reverse the cables, will warn you and not apply power unless the cables are connected correctly.

Attachments

• NOCO GB40.jpeg
    NOCO GB40.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 7