2015 EXPED XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Stevenson

Reaction score
Bought 2015 XLT used from Honda dealership w/88,000 mi. Left signal began clicking fast with more than double speed. Front left signal lit up and ran fast but nothing alit at rear left signal. Checked left rear bulb, changed it, and this did not fix issue. Right signal operating fine. Opened left signal exterior cover and checked wiring, no issue. Otherwise, vehicle is great. I bought a new 1997 XLT when they first came on the market and still have it and love it with 255,000 miles and nothing stupid like this has ever appeared like on the 2015.

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
If jiggling it made it work then it’s either a broken wire or the bulb socket has a loose connection in it. I would check the the socket carefully and look for bad wires. If nothing is obvious you’ll need to get a multi tester and figure out which wire is the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mike Stevenson

Mike Stevenson

Reaction score
Thanks very much. The vehicle came out of Texas, so I think it would take a great Texan to find the answer. Will check out your ideas and respond soon. Jesus bless all!!!

developer

Reaction score
Had that exact problem on my 2016. The rapid flash is to let you know you have a bulb out. It's a "feature". Corrosion on the socket contacts that the bulb seats against is what I found. A spray of Deoxit contact cleaner and a little grease to keep the humidity out and it's worked since. It's also a good opportunity to go with an LED replacement because the incandescent bulb gets very hot in there and tends to cook the socket. Just my .02. and although I'm in NY, my daughter is in Denton, Tx. I also got 225k out of my 99 Expy before selling for my 2016. ;-)

CubSmurf

Reaction score
Had that exact problem on my 2016. The rapid flash is to let you know you have a bulb out. It's a "feature". Corrosion on the socket contacts that the bulb seats against is what I found. A spray of Deoxit contact cleaner and a little grease to keep the humidity out and it's worked since. It's also a good opportunity to go with an LED replacement because the incandescent bulb gets very hot in there and tends to cook the socket. Just my .02. and although I'm in NY, my daughter is in Denton, Tx. I also got 225k out of my 99 Expy before selling for my 2016. ;-)
+1 for adding LED bulbs. I just got my Expedition in December and it was the first thing I changed. The housings already showed signs of heat damage.

I have no affiliation with them but I got my bulbs from SuperBrightLEDs and have been very happy with the results:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/veh...ehicle-led-lights?make=28&model=780&year=2017

Aggiesrok

Reaction score

Side note. Is your daughter attending UNT?
Edit: my daughter does. Go mean green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: