2017 Ford Exp EL BLIS and Cross Traffic Sensor Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brock Albitz

Reaction score
Went through the other threads about cleaning the sensor and it didn't work for me.

Could this be caused by installing LED mini bulbs for the turn signal? It all started around that time.

The turn signal flashed fast like there was a problem, I read this can be caused because the computer senses it's drawing less power and it thinks there's a problem so the blinker goes fast.

Ran it like that for 2 weeks, now my BLIS and Cross Traffic faults are going off. I replaced the bulbs with the traditional ones and it didn't resolve that issue.

We have a ton of dirt now because sewer lines have been going in our community for a year, so we have dirt roads right now. I tried cleaning the area with a hose, but I couldn't check the connectors themselves... I couldn't get the connector apart. I'm just laying under the car, I'm sure if I had a lift it would be easier.

The right mirror BLIS light is on steady, the left one is out. The fault doesn't actually say which side has the problem. Any tips on figuring out the side with the fault?

I've spent around $6k on this car already this year for coils and a transmission torque converter ... Last thing I need is another Ford bill. Any tips on how to proceed?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett