2015 Expedition AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesmary

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expedition that for a while the Fan Blower Motor would intermittedly shut off on it's own, and after 10-20 seconds would start again. Went to the dealer twice but the issue persisted. I was able to ignore it.

Yesterday I hit the AC button to shut it off, but while the AC compressor shut off, the fan blower is still running at full speed non-stop until I shut off the vehicle. I can start the AC or heat by switching the panel "ON" but I have constant power going to the blower. Can I get som advise on what could be the cause?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expedition that for a while the Fan Blower Motor would intermittedly shut off on it's own, and after 10-20 seconds would start again. Went to the dealer twice but the issue persisted. I was able to ignore it.

Yesterday I hit the AC button to shut it off, but while the AC compressor shut off, the fan blower is still running at full speed non-stop until I shut off the vehicle. I can start the AC or heat by switching the panel "ON" but I have constant power going to the blower. Can I get som advise on what could be the cause?

The blower motor module is most likely defective and needs to be replaced. It is held to the HVAC blower motor case with one or two screws (under the glovebox) and has one wiring connector.

You may also want to do this Ford TSB involving the blower motor connector: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf

Here is an excellent video on how to replace the wiring connector: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=42Ae37Zx90E

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire